Romanians sought over cadet threat

Two men suspected of shouting threats including a reference to beheading a young female Army cadet were Romanian and not Asian as previously believed, police have said.

romanians-sought-over-cadet-threat-136396118108703901-150211175005

After police released a CCTV image of an Opel Zafira with a Dutch number plate, members of the public identified the two men in a car who scared the teenagers as they left the Army Reserve Centre in Alexandra Road, Gateshead.

The two have left the country and Northumbria Police have alerted Interpol, a spokesman said.

The frightening incident on January 21 led police to step up patrols in the area and to warn other cadets group leaders to be vigilant.

Police originally appealing for information to trace the suspects identified them as black or Asian.

Gateshead Superintendent Richie Jackson said: „We have identified the two men from the Zafira and we now know they are Romanian nationals who were visiting the area at the time of the incident and not Asian males as first described.

„The two men have since left the country and enquiries are ongoing with Interpol to locate them and speak to them.

 

http://home.bt.com/news/uk-news/romanians-sought-over-cadet-threat-11363961181164

LĂSAȚI UN MESAJ

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here